This kit gives kids a simple and customizable introduction to robotics. Build 8 motorized machines controlled by an easy, visual coding and programming app on a tablet or smartphone which connects to the robot models via a wireless Bluetooth connection. Includes a full-color, 64-page step-by-step illustrated manual to help kids assemble all of the models and teaches them about robotics in the real world. Requires a tablet or smartphone running iOS (iPhone 4S or later, iPad 3 or later, iPod 5 or later) or Android (Android 4.3 or later on a device with Bluetooth 4.0 support).
- Build a shy turtle robot that drives around and quickly avoids obstacles in its path
- The friendly rover bot model first looks around for your hand and, once detected, moves toward it and follows it
- Construct an adventurous desert explorer robot that drives around on wheeled legs and then walks slowly toward objects detected in its range
- Additional fun robots include a dozer bot with a bulldozer blade and a scorpion robot with a stinger tail
- After you’ve learned how the technology works, build and program your own robots using the kit’s 233 building pieces